We offer loans of up to £2.5m for experienced landlords and property investors, and we'll make the process as smooth as we possibly can. Smaller deals don't usually require a Building Surveyor.
Refurbishment loans key features
Light refurbishment work only, no structural works allowed
Available for HMO or MUBs
Interest roll-up options available
No valuation fee payable until loan is approved
For smaller deals, Building Surveyor or monitoring not usually required
Up to 65% LTV. Total borrowing up to 70% GDV
We offer all our customers the ability to convert their refurbishment loan into a term loan
Refurbishment loans lending criteria
- Up to 65% initial advance of vacant possession value
- Up to 65% further advance of refurbishment costs, with total borrowing not exceeding 70% of gross development value
- Only available to experienced property investors
- Loans up to £2.5m. Minimum loan £250k in England and Wales. Minimum loan £500k in Scotland
- Terms from 9 months. Terms up to 18 months where a quantity surveyor is used
- Personal guarantees requested from business owners/directors but are not always mandatory
- Corporate borrowers must be registered in the UK or Crown dependencies
- For borrowing in personal name(s), individual must be a UK resident
- Secured by way of a first legal charge on a property located in England, Scotland or Wales
Take a look at our full range of commercial and residential loans, ranging from buy-to-let, HMOs, commercial investment, and more.
What our brokers say...
"Your efforts and attitude to help get this over the line have been nothing short of outstanding. This is what sets Cambridge & Counties Bank apart from the numerous other lenders we encounter."
Platinum Money Ltd
"After a lot of hard work from all sides we have finally completed today… This application has not been the easiest… Your patience, thoroughness and professionalism has been second to none. Thank you again for all your help and support, onwards and upwards to a lot more business in 2023."
PBFC UK Ltd
"I was most impressed with the regular updates and communications and the understanding of our deadline. As a lender, your 'can do' attitude was most refreshing."
"Of all the banks I deal with, I have to say the Cambridge & Counties Bank team work tirelessly to get deals agreed and drawn. It is good dealing with a bank who always works to find solutions for clients (and brokers) rather than looking for reasons not to provide funding. It’s very refreshing in the current climate to have someone that understands funding and has the desire to get things done. Once again thanks for your help and support."
Flexible Commercial Funding Ltd
"Thank you to the entire team, with all your help we managed to get there, and, in the process, we saved the customer £4,000. Great work guys!"
Real Property Finance
"I would like to extend my thanks to all parties at Cambridge & Counties Bank involved in this transaction. There were several challenges to overcome and it was very refreshing to see that the Bank went the extra mile (& then some) to enable this deal to get over the line."
Sterling Capital Reserve Ltd